- Joe Sleeper gave a presention on RANCID a Linux-based Cisco and (other router) configuration tracking system.
- Mark Davis gave a presentation on video formats and how to convert/crunch to x264 and other formats using Handbrake. Also, some conversation about:
- New Linux kernel IDE driver modularity
- New Xorg
- The threat of Microsoft's Silverlight
The meeting was NOT recorded. Discs were available.
Attendance: 25 members +2 new members +3 returning members +1 visitors = 31 attendees, minimum.
Membership: 100 members +2 new members (Harper, Southerland) +3 returning members (Hall, Litchfield, Brelin) -2 expired members (Grubbs, Szczepankiewicz) - 1 data entry error correction = 102 TWUUG members.
We have two new "Fellow" status members:
- James Jenkins, who has been with us since Sept of 2002
- Andreas Kulbe, who has been with us since June 2002.